CALL FOR PORTFOLIOS’: PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROGRAM
Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline: 12 June 2017
The Professional Photography Program provides an opportunity for students to work as a professional in the industry or to be an independent practitioner. Students will develop a body of works in a supportive and questioning environment. All are encouraged to develop their own projects alongside an understanding of how their photography works in the wider world. The wide range of staff expertise, as well as a full program of renowned visiting faculties, supports their learning here at Pathshala South Asian Media Institute.
The school has a rich heritage of photography education, celebrating over 17 years. Our students are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds nationally and internationally. They have been awarded and widely recognized by organizations such as World Press Photo, Alexia Foundation, Joop Swart Master Class, Ian Parry Scholarship etc.
Course curriculum: History of Photography, Darkroom Practice, Visual Anthropology, Documentary Photography, Photo Journalism, Portrait photography, Studio Photography, Multimedia Techniques, Curatorial Practice etc.
Learn photography from the best professionals in the industry and respected tutors such as; Shahidul Alam, Abir Abdullah, Munem Wasif, Tanzim Wahab, Taslima Akhter, Sarker Protick and much more.
For SAARC students: 40000* BDT per semester
For Foreign students: 1280* USD per semester
• HSC (Minimum CGPA 2.5 or 2nd class) / A Levels or Equivalent.
• Basic / Foundation Course in Photography (At least one month course from any Photographic institution)
• Proficiency in speaking and writing English
Candidates must submit
1. Two recent passport-size photographs of the candidate
2. Attested photocopies of all academic certificates
3. Attested photocopies of the certificate of Basic/Foundation Course in Photography
4. A portfolio (ten printed photographs of 12” X 8” size)
5. For foreign students, submission needs to be done through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
SPECIFICATIONS: 1000 pixel longer side JPEG Format
Note: The medium of teaching to the students is in English.
Pathshala South Asian Media Institute
16 Sukrabad, Panthapath, Dhaka-1207
Tel: +880-2-9129847, Mob: +88-01795094271